The 10 Fanciest Mustaches in Literature

This week, I'm that special combination of overheated and busy that leads to short blog posts. 

But at least there are ten fine-ass mustaches to stare at. 

10. Charles Dickens

You might say that I had some 'Great Expectations' for this writer's mustache.



9. Ernest Hemingway

This is one old man who's about to have a sea... of ladies.

8. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Sherlock Holmes himself couldn't figure out what's going on with this author's mustache.

7. Kurt Vonnegut

Mustache of Champions.

8. George Orwell

Big Brother wants to know the secret of that tiny, creepy mustache.

5. William Golding

Looks like Golding may have taken the 'living unkempt in the wilderness' thing a little too seriously.

4. William Shakespeare

I'd make much ado about that mustache.

3. John Steinbeck

Mustache of wrath.
2. William Faulkner

Half of that mustache actually won Faulkner the Pulitzer prize. The other half won him the Nobel.

1. James Joyce

Look at that fucking mustache/eye patch/fancy-ass pose combination. 

Who is your favourite mustachioed author? Leave it in the comments. 

4 comments

  1. This is my first time here and so far I'm loving your blog and your lit leanings. So lovely to see my pal Bill Faulkner again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it. Faulkner and I had our differences when we first met, but he's grown on me over the years. Light in August was my personal favourite of his.

      Delete
  2. Just now ran across this post - loved it. Of course, having a mustache for nearly 40 years helped. Mine looks a bit Vonnegut like, but my hair more like Golding, at least on top. Fun post! (So fun I used the dreaded exclamation point, but I did skip the LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the dreaded LOL! Regrettably, I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to grow a spectacular literary mustache. I may need a sharpie intervention.

      Delete

Back to Top